Water ionizers are not toaster ovens.
They are sophisticated electronic appliances which represent a considerable investment and should provide you with many years of high quality, health producing Alkaline water.
There are many manufacturers and models, and an overwhelming amount of information to assimilate. There is also a lot of fluff on the internet, making it harder to decide what is best to do.
We are committed to bringing this technology and its health benefits to the world.
With that commitment, whether you purchase a Jupiter product or not, we feel a sense of responsibility to provide you with a checklist of points that we consider important.
- Personal Considerations
- 1) What is your main reason for wanting to drink ionized water?
- 2) Do you understand alkalinity? "Scientific Article on Water"
- 3) Do you understand the potential health risks associated with drinking bottled water, R.O. or distilled water? "Dangers of Distilled Water"
- Installation Considerations
1) What is the quality of your source water?
- Are you on well water or do you have unusually hard water?
(You are welcome to contact us for a free water test consultation).
- 2) What type of installation would you prefer?
- Countertop (sits next to your sink and connects to faucet with a diverter)
- Countertop plumbed into the water main (usually sits close to sink but needs no tap diverter to control water flow you turn a knob on the front of the unit to get ionized water) - Direct Plumbing Instructions
- Undersink (no countertop clutter. Only a small dedicated tap mounted at the sink, with installation by plumber recommended)
- Undersink Plumbing Instructions
- Adaptability to meet changing future needs (can it be converted from counter top to undersink?)
- 3) Ease of installation
- Fittings does the manufacturer provide a complete set of high quality fittings that will handle most situations?
- Instructions / Manuals are there clear instructions for installation and a manual explaining the use of your ionizer? Are they in English and well translated? Some recent imports made for Chinese /Taiwan markets are not fully US market ready in either the collateral materials they provide or quality control.
- Live support can you get a qualified technician on the phone to help#63;
- Product Considerations
- 1) Manufacturing standards Is the ionizer manufactured to ISO standards?
ISO is the International Organization for Standardization and is a network of the National Standards Institutes from 153 countries.
ISO certification represents a considerable investment in time and money.
A lot of companies talk about quality but have they spent the money and time to have their manufacturing plant certified?
- 2) Technology all cars utilize an internal combustion engine; all engines are not created equal. This same analogy applies to ionizers.
- Filters: ALL ionizers have them and they are critical to the quality of the output. Look for activated carbon with 1 micron filtration at a minimum. Anything above will not filter Cryptosporidium and Guardia.
- Electrolysis chamber: again ALL ionizers have them and they are critical. Look for platinum coated titanium electrodes, preferably using polymer ion separation technology. Some manufacturers are employing larger electrodes and claiming they are superior. They hope to fool the consumer into thinking "bigger is better". With electronics generally speaking, quite the opposite is true. The larger electrodes draw 3-4 times more power decreasing the electrode life with no additional benefit to the output.
- Cleaning: ALL ionizers have a cleaning functionality, essentially reversing the polarity on the electrodes. Where products differ is in what triggers the cleaning cycle (at startup, certain amount of output, certain amount of time etc...). Look for an auto cleaning process that has minimal impact on machine use.
- Control Panel: yet again, ALL ionizers have them. Look for ease of use (not too many buttons and knobs) yet true functionality. LED displays are intuitive to use and very durable.
- Parts: look for FDA approved food-grade plastic hoses and stainless steel output hoses and fittings.
- 3) Size (personal preference)
4) Quality of design (personal preference)
5) Reliability - how well it performs. Does the product/manufacturer have a solid reputation and track record?
6) Durability - how long it performs. Again, look for a solid reputation and track record.
- Service Considerations
1) How long has the company been in business? Look for an established company who will be around to provide service, filters etc...
- 2) What type of warranty do they offer? How? Many products offer only a one year warranty.
- 3) Where is the warranty service provided and by whom?
- 4) What type of money-back guaranty do they offer?
- 5) How easy is it to get live help?
- Value Considerations
- 1) How important is high quality, healthful and safe water? What is the net value of your purchase all things considered (quality of output, features, reliability, service etc...)?
- 2) What are the on-going filter replacement costs?
Click on the Links Below for more Details;
Jupiter Dong Yang Science Company
Jupiter Melody updated model
Jupiter Neptune new
Jupiter Venus new
Jupiter Ultra Technos earlier model
Frequenty Asked Questions
Water Ionizer Buyer Guide and Check List
Water Ionizer Competitive Comparison Chart
Why we sell Ionizers ...
Healthy Products Page
Health Effects of Drinking Soda
Alkaline Water Use on Dairy Farms
For answers by Email:
Books and Accessories
The statements enclosed herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your family doctor. © AllOrganic INC 2005